We remain committed to providing care to both current and new clients. We are currently open and accepting new clients, leveraging telehealth capabilities to deliver service via phone and video conferencing. If you or a loved one needs help, please call us today.
The safety and well-being of clients, families and employees is a top priority at Pyramid Healthcare and its affiliated companies. We will use this page to provide timely updates and helpful information.
Pyramid Healthcare Takes Precautionary Measures in Response to COVID-19
The health, safety and well-being of clients, families and employees has always been and will continue to remain a top priority at Pyramid Healthcare and its affiliated companies.
As such, under the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local officials, we have implemented a number of precautionary measures across our organization in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Because our treatment facilities, referral, screening and admissions processes are open and active for as long as deemed safe and appropriate, we believe it is important to communicate the steps we are taking to help keep our clients, families and employees safe and healthy.
- Our Assessment Center utilizes our COVID-19 telephone screening process to assess and evaluate clients seeking admission by inquiring about potential exposure to COVID-19 and presence of COVID-19 symptoms prior to admission, and defers admission to those who do not pass the screening protocol.
- Incoming clients who were tested for COVID-19 within the previous 14 days are required to provide a copy of their results, negative or positive, for upload to their medical record.
- All staff are required to wear a face mask and social distance at all times.
- Existing clients are evaluated twice daily, including temperature readings.
- Staff, and anyone else entering the building are required to complete daily screenings, including temperature readings.
- Our Transportation Department staff provides a disposable face mask to each client upon pick up and a cloth mask to each client upon arrival at the facility as needed.
- Our Transportation Department staff are required to wear N95 masks.
- The sharing of items, including food, drink, personal items, cigarettes, etc. by clients is strongly discouraged.
- We have increased the availability and placement of cleaning wipes, soap, tissues and hand sanitizer stations throughout buildings and in common areas.
- Our Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments have increased their sanitization efforts.
- We adjusted our mealtime process to promote distance between clients that minimizes exposure during times without masks. Some facilities have moved to in-room meal service.
- On-site family visitation and programming are suspended, and we modified technical capabilities and policies in order to offer digital visitation and family treatment options.
- Where possible, Outpatient Programs offer telemedicine treatment options in lieu of in-person treatment.
- External self-help meetings are suspended and attendance at in-house self-help meetings is limited to our residential clients only.
- We communicate regularly with our employees relative to the importance of wearing a face mask, proper hygiene, including frequent hand washing, using hand sanitizer regularly, social distancing and have asked them to stay home if they feel ill or are demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19.
- We have provided our employees with ample and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- We complete contact tracing management to identify and act on low, medium or high-risk exposures when a positive case is identified.
- All company-hosted events and activities are postponed.
All of our treatment facilities will remain open while utilizing best practices for mitigation and continue to provide care until directed otherwise by the Government.
Pyramid Healthcare will provide staff with continuous updates regarding the potential availability of the COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with nationwide distribution protocols and announcements in the coming weeks and months.
We will continue to closely monitor updates as issued by the CDC, WHO and state and local agencies surrounding COVID-19, follow all recommended steps, communicate changes to staff daily and remain vigilant in our mitigation and prevention measures every day to ensure the continued safety, health and well-being of our clients, families and employees.
President and CEO